sabato 19 aprile 2014

My statement


To observe, act and gather are the three phases of my internalization.

My field of action is a jagged and composed reality of concrete forms, the remains of an everyday activity and the solidified protuberance of gestures. In my work there is never a static prior design. My works are the result of the stratification and organization of forms created in a specific time and space, which automatically become environmental installations and spaces for perception. My research is focused on observation, facilitation and composition of complex and interconnected systems whether they are environmental, social or conceptual.
I consider my art as a temporary result within the process of transformation where nothing is permanent, nothing is lasting, whose cognitive source is, above all, that which I have drawn out from the reality of life.

The core of my practice is the ability to learn from every new place I move to and people that I meet, to implement this knowledge through the making. Like an animal, I try to be resilient, to live in new landscapes and find my own way of being. That's why my projects are always the result of these encounters. What I'm looking for is chance to transform my studio from a site of artistic production into diffused, nomadic sites for encounters, discovery and memory.

I exchange imagination for a free political act.




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento